- The Emergency Preparedness Coordinator is responsible for coordinating regional emergency preparedness initiatives with the Regional Healthcare Coordinator, enhancing the ASPR program, managing emergency and disaster related communications, and meeting grant deliverables.
- The CCPS Coordinator is responsible for managing the Tristate Nursing Resource Center and the Centralized Clinical Placement System.
Reports to: VP, Regional Coordination and Clinical Initiatives
Type of Position: Full Time
Hours/Week: 40 hrs./week; non- exempt
Regional Emergency Preparedness
- Manage communication systems and user information for MARCS, SurgeNet, Hospital Disaster Network, OHTrac, OPHCS, Webportal, and Twenty-First Century. Work with ODH, GDAHA, and appropriate agencies to maintain systems.
- Serve as an Administrator for WebEOC.
- Conduct and document MARCS radio checks with non-ASPR facilities. Document all technical assistance.
- Conduct the hospital Hazardous Vulnerability Assessment (HVA) data collection and prepare regional report.
- Process Mutual Aid Agreements and signatory list and keep on website and portal.
- Prepare presentations on the program as needed.
- Assist with gathering information for the ASPR grant application, mid-year, and final report.
- Assist with grant program and expenditure reports.
- Conduct facility user/administrator training for hospitals members on OPHCS, SurgeNet and OHTrac.
- Assist with ASPR spending plan distribution, invoice reconciliation, contract submission, grant deliverable due dates, hospital check requests/mailings, addenda, approval letters, allocation letters, etc.
- Prepare and assist with Hospital Status Reporting data/media requests.
- Maintain individual hospital inventory lists and the regional cache inventory lists.
- Organize and maintain hospital and provider equipment inventory logs, coordinate equipment inventory inspections according to ODH grant compliance criteria, and conduct equipment inventory inspections as needed.
- Monitor hospital performance reporting and respond appropriately to enhance compliance with grant deliverables. Document all technical assistance provided.
- Maintain ASPR equipment – radios, and other equipment as purchased
- Maintain, clean and organize the web portal
- Prepare and update operational guides for communications
- Maintains and organizes past grant year fiscal and program records
- Provide orientation on the grant program and communications to all new Hospital Disaster coordinators.
- Performs projects toward grant deliverables as requested.
- Attends meetings with or on behalf of the Regional Healthcare Coordinator.
- Assists with coordinating regional exercises and drill design, implementation, evaluation and reporting.
- Coordinate disaster training classes; Hazmat, COOP, HICS, etc.
Internal Disaster Program
- Responsible for annual review of internal organizational emergency operation plan
- Orients new staff to internal emergency operation plan
- Assists Safety Officer with annual drills
- Develop organizational activities for Disaster Week
- Organize internal emergency alerting system database
CCPS/TNRC On-Site Administrator
- Maintain the Tristate Nursing Resource Center website
- Support the Centralized Clinical Placement System program and website
- Respond to technical inquiries regarding clinical placements for hospitals and nursing schools
- Facilitate the contracts, invoicing and orientation for new members
- Create and reset user account information as needed
- Track web analytics for TNRC student orientation e-learning pages
Required Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficient in database management and survey platforms
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in event planning and project management
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Present a positive service attitude toward internal and external customers; maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of healthcare terminology and emergency preparedness
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Works equally well independently or as part of a team
- Suggests and initiates procedures that improve efficiency and quality of work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Strong attention to detail required
- Able to type on the computer keyboard during the workday
- Able to sit in meetings
- Able to travel by car to area meetings/programs
- Able to lift equipment and move disaster supplies as needed during an emergency situation
Bachelor’s degree required
FEMA Certifications: ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, and 800
HSEEP Training (Within one year of hire)
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
If interested in this position, please send resume to Nicci Weber, Manager, HR and Organization Development, or fill out our web form and indicate the position title in the message field.