- This event has passed.
2019 Language Access Forum | From Policy to Practice
March 8 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm EST
Language barriers can impact one’s ability to navigate a complex healthcare system, enroll in health coverage, communicate with providers, and understand treatment plans. Providing language access services isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s the law. Learn best practices and strategies for staying ahead of policy in providing quality care and improving patient outcomes.
Bruce L. Adelson, Esq. CEO of Federal Compliance Consulting LLC, is nationally recognized for his expertise concerning federal law enforcement & investigations, federal civil rights and privacy laws, disability & language access, diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness, complex federal and state litigation, & Joint Commission.
Join the Language Access Committee of The Health Collaborative in welcoming keynote Bruce L. Adelson and panel participants from the clinical and interpreting community.
- Angela Choe MD, Clinical Fellow, Division of Hospital Medicine, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- David N. Dhanraj MD, MBA, CPE, FACOG, Medical Director, TriHealth Faculty Medical Centers, Director of Gynecology, Good Samaritan Hospital, TriHealth OB/GYN Residency Program Faculty, TriHealth
- Barbara Tobias MD, Robert & Myfanwy Smith Chair of Family Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati
- Jennifer Lipke, Nurse Manager, Family Birthing Center, Mercy Health – Fairfield Hospital
- Jessica Pez, Interim Manager, Emergency Department and Inpatient Unit, The Christ Hospital Medical Center – Liberty Township
- Lina Pan Considine, Chinese Interpreter, Vocalink Global
- Carola Laine, Spanish Interpreter, Affordable Language Services
- Fabiola Munafo, Spanish Interpreter, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Joe Phelan, American Sign Language Interpreter, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Anshu Thapa, Nepali Interpreter, UC Health
Individuals with an interest/ work experience in: Compliance, Risk, Quality, Accreditation, Supply Chain, Physicians, Care Coordinators, Social Work, Nursing Leadership, Senior Leadership or Patient Experience will benefit from this event.