2018 Language Access Forum
“The Language of Health: How Language Barriers Impact Health Outcomes”
Featuring Keynote Darci Graves, MPP, MA, MA, Special Assistant to the Director, CMS Office of Minority Health
Join us at The Health Collaborative on February 9, 2018, from 8:00a.m.-noon as we address language disparities in the healthcare setting. The Language Access Committee of The Health Collaborative will welcome keynote Darci L. Graves, MPP, MA, MA, Special Assistant to the Director at the CMS Office of Minority Health.
Graves’ keynote address, “Understanding and Empowerment Across the Patient Experience” will discuss how language barriers can present new opportunities to improve health outcomes.
Understanding and addressing communication and language assistance needs are essential to the successful delivery of high quality healthcare, because communication and language barriers are associated with decreased quality of care and poor clinical outcomes.
– increase awareness of language and communication-related disparities
– learn about various solutions that exist to help address these disparities, and
– learn the importance of taking sustainable actions to increase patient understanding and empowerment across the continuum of care.
Other speakers include:
– Ana Alza Rodriguez, MHA, CPT, CMI, Director, The National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters
– Anita Dowd, Executive Staff Advisor, Kentucky Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
The event will be held at The Health Collaborative’s Learning Center, 615 Elsinore Place, Suite 500, Cincinnati, OH 45202.
Event contact: Lisa Sladeck, Events Administrator
[mk_button style=”three-dimension” size=”large” bg_color=”#eb7625″ txt_color=”#fff” outline_skin=”#444444″ outline_hover_skin=”#fff” icon=”theme-icon-video” url=”https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-language-access-forum-tickets-42498691731″ target=”_new” align=”left” id=”Button ID” margin_bottom=”15″]Register Now![/mk_button]