Join The Health Collaborative, in partnership with PricewaterhouseCoopers, for a full-day class to learn how to navigate through the various health IT regulations, mitigate various health privacy & security threats, and how to assess your own organization’s level of security risk. This class will provide you with practical strategies you can implement your next day at work to help protect your organization and your patients.
WHEN: September 22, 2016, 9:00 a.m.—3:45 p.m.
WHERE: The Health Collaborative, 2100 Sherman Ave., Suite 100, Cincinnati, OH 45212
COST: $60/member, $90/non-member (if unsure, contact us)
CONTACT: Questions? Contact Lori McAleer at email@example.com or 513.618.3632
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- An overview of HIPAA, the HITECH Act and state laws governing health privacy & security
- Special topics in health privacy, including considerations in emergency situations, proposed rules regarding access to mental health records, access to lab results, and others
- Practical strategies to safeguard protected health information
- Preparation for and response to ransomware attacks (presented by PWC)
- Security risk analysis and risk mitigation strategies
- Third party risk management (presented by PWC)