The Data Integration Analyst will be responsible for development and support of health care-based integration solutions. The Data Integration analyst will collaborate with technology staff, business stakeholders, and project teams to extract, analyze, and report on data from multiple sources; build data integration with customers and maintain data extraction and transformation processes. They serve as a bridge between the solutions team and stakeholders, playing a critical role in data conversion and migration efforts. This role requires expertise in a broad set of technologies and responsibilities all focused on delivering high quality service to customers.
• Gather and analyze data and business requirements to establish system requirements & work plan
• Draft and maintain technical instructions, engineering plans, technical designs
• Develop technical solution compliant with scope
• Develop and conduct testing plans and procedures based upon system recommendations
• Ability to work with and give direction to the development team to make necessary changes to the database/application logic
• Quickly understand the database structure and make suggestions for improvement
• Coordinate and conduct project meetings with customers in a professional manner.
• Monitor and support data collection, management, and reporting. Assist in design, implementation and maintenance of standard internal and external dashboards.
• Streamline processes to minimize the turnaround time between the extraction of the data files, QC checks, through submission. This could include building automation routines, macros in Excel, etc.
• Work with project team to define critical data points/fields and understand what data points that can be modified without having to go back to the Payer.
• Maintain awareness of new and emerging healthcare technologies
• Monitor performance and troubleshoot issues in a 24 x 7 x 365 environment
• Manage data analysis and data integration of disparate systems
• Ensure accuracy and understanding of operational processes to identify true end to end testing for optimal results
• Contribute to the overall system architecture and long-term technology vision for the organization
• Ensure cross training & documentation occur in a manner that results in no single point of human failure
• Maintain existing real time data integration operations including bug fixes and functionality requests
• Work with support services to develop appropriate procedures to monitor the interfaces and ensure optimum system performance.
• Ensure proper use and protection of information assets by complying with the organization’s information privacy and security policies to protect assets from unauthorized access and by reporting any security events or potential events or other security risks to the organization.
• Other duties as assigned
• 2+ years in a similar role with similar responsibilities as above or other relevant experience
• 2+ years working with Microsoft Office products
• Healthcare experience a plus
• Solid understanding of technical data standards such as: Web Services, APIs, HL7, JSON, XML, etc.
• Solid understanding of data extraction and manipulation utilizing excel or scripting/programmatic tools
• Solid understanding of basic networking & system concepts such as: sFTP, TCP/IP, Web Services, VPN, SAN, etc.
• Complete understanding from applied experience of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA Methodology
• Strong planning, organization, analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Technical proficiency with statistical software, such as SAS, SPSS, and related reporting tools, including structured query language (SQL) for complex query, report development, and data visualization.
• Excellent people skills with a customer service-oriented approach, and a focus on building relationships with the client and project team
• Ability to effectively communicate technical information in non-technical terms
• Self-motivated and ability to excel in team-oriented environment, yet able to work independently requiring minimal direction. Includes the ability to be flexible to meet project priorities, work under pressure and balance competing demands
• Ability to generate innovative ideas to improve processes and create efficiencies.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time in front of a computer screen
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
APPROVED BY Alex Vaillancourt, CIO & SVP Informatics
DATE POSTED 11/22/19.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts the company’s right to assign responsibilities to this job at any time as critical features of this job are subject to change any time.