This full day class will outline the necessity and principles of contingency planning to assure facilities and departments can continue to provide services even during an emergency or disaster.
Who Should Attend
Preparedness coordinators, department heads, manager and supervisors responsible for emergency response at their facility.
At the course conclusion, attendees will be able to:
- Define essential functions vs. other functions.
- Define human capital and identify key positions.
- Define delegation of authority and orders of succession during emergencies.
- Distinguish and identify the key tasks for vital records for COOP purposes.
- Identify vital systems and equipment and how to protect them.
- Evaluate the use of alternative facilities and work sites.
- Identify and implement preventive controls to maintain a communication system.
- Define reconstruction and devolution under COOP.
- Discuss writing a COOP plan for your facility.
- Discuss the importance of Tests, Training and Exercises.
Dudley Smith, MSHPA, CMTE, CMEP
Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT (lunch will be provided)
The Health Collaborative
615 Elsinore Place, Suite 500
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Free for Disaster Preparedness Coalition members ($150 + service fees for non-members)
The Health Collaborative has applied for 5.25 hours of continuing education through the Board of Executives of Long Term Services & Supports (BELTSS).