With 2017 wrapping up, we’re reflecting on all that we’re grateful for including the good work made possible by your partnership. This year we rolled out a bold new strategic plan with a vision that underscores the work we commit to collectively, with you, every day:
Greater Cincinnati is healthy by design, and everyone is connected to quality, affordable healthcare.
Together, we’re solving complex issues that no one group could solve on their own. We’re building innovative technology solutions to improve workflow and inform decision-making. We’re designing programs that leverage our community’s assets. And we’re drawing a blueprint for better care, smarter spending, and ultimately healthier people.
- From the partnerships formed under the architecture of Collective Impact, Greater Cincinnati was selected to test a new model of care delivery to address social determinants of health: the Accountable Health Community
- With help from our partners, we solidified the three building blocks of GEN-H with Comprehensive Primary Care (CPC) Plus, the Accountable Health Community model, and place-based health initiatives.
- Working with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), we’re designing and testing a multi-state health data exchange model that overcomes some of the barriers providers have in getting complete information about a patient’s medical history.
- Building on the success of the CPC Classic pilot, we’re leading one of the largest payment demonstration projects in the country – CPC+ puts more primary care practices at the center of patient-focused care for quality improvement and healthcare cost-savings.
- We launched a new Healthcare Workforce Innovation service line in 2017, built to help create a more robust and diverse pipeline of healthcare talent for the region with strategies designed by our members to address the reduction of health disparities and improvement of equity of care through clinical quality improvement efforts. In November, 600+ Greater Cincinnati students attended HealthFORCE – our new healthcare careers expo for high school students – representing schools from private, public, and tech-based schools located in Hamilton, Warren, and Butler counties as well as SE Indiana & Northern Kentucky.
- In November we hosted the 2017 Inspire | Healthcare dinner and awards celebration for more than 320 members, partners, and community stakeholders at The Renaissance downtown. Those who have made significant contributions to improving healthcare in Greater Cincinnati were recognized for their innovations in population health, informatics, and quality improvement. The annual Hoxworth Blood Drive award winners were also announced.
- Our Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) celebrated more than 27 years serving its 150+ member organizations across four contract categories: Energy & Infrastructure, Food Service, Patient Services, and Professional Services. More than 65% of the 18 contract partners are local businesses, generating over $30M in annual sales volume and saving GPO members a total of $4M+ in estimated savings.
We are immensely grateful to you – working daily to build a healthier Greater Cincinnati. Whether that’s through innovative applications of health information technology, new patient safety and quality improvement protocols, or designing workplace wellness and population health programs, you are contributing to the framework of the future health and vibrancy of this place we all call home.
Before you close up shop for the holidays, take a few minutes to check out our Healthy by Design video that highlights some of our collective accomplishments this past year. With a solid foundation in place, we look forward to working together in 2018 to achieving health by design in ways previously unimagined.
Thanks for a fantastic year,