Christa Hyson, MPH
Senior Manager, External Relations
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – READ IN SPANISH
COVID-19 Cases Increase as States Reopen
Residents are encouraged to get tested if symptomatic
CINCINNATI, OH, JUNE19, 2020 – As states across the country reopen from the COVID-19 pandemic closures, southwest Ohio has recently seen an increase in community spread of COVID-19 cases. “We know that everyone is anxious to return to enjoying life as before,” said Evaline Alessandrini, MD, UC Health Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer and co-chair of the (COVID-19) Hospital Steering Committee. “However, we are not out of the woods yet and we cannot let go of our focused prevention efforts. We are here to care for you if needed – but of course we’d much prefer that everyone stay safe and healthy by continuing to follow precautions.”
In recent weeks community spread has been attributed to large social gatherings, family parties and work environments. As we continue to learn more about community spread in our region, it is important to continue to take precautions to prevent the spread of the virus. Please continue to:
- Avoid large gatherings and confined spaces, whenever possible.
- Clean your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol when out in public or when you cannot wash your hands.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your elbow or upper arm.
- Wear a mask in public, or when social distancing is difficult.
- Stay at home if you are sick or do not feel well.
- Maintain social distance when out in public.
- Not delay medical care if you are sick.
- If you are a high-risk individual, please review these extra precautions.
Testing is now more widely available in our region. Talk to your primary care doctor, your local health department, or visit the following links for testing sites in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana. For more information about COVID-19 visit: https://healthcollab.org/covid-19/
About The Health Collaborative: The Health Collaborative is a non-profit organization that leads data-driven improvements that result in healthier people, better care and lower costs. For more information about The Health Collaborative, visit healthcollab.org.